St Joseph’s Primary School, Merriwa, is a community of Catholic faith where the uniqueness of each child will be nurtured and valued. Where students will be empowered and challenged to become lifelong learners with optimism and hope for the future.
We will achieve this vision by:
- Working together with students, families, parishioners and members of the wider community
- Providing ongoing opportunities for students to understand and embrace the teachings of Christ and the traditions of the Catholic Church
- Ensuring that Gospel values support all school policies and procedures
- Providing a meaningful and inclusive learning program that caters for the intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social and physical dimensions of all students
- Recognising and celebrating all that is good in our school, family, community, country and the world
- Teaching students by example to become problem solvers and forward thinkers
- Demonstrating an appreciation of our environment and our responsibility for its preservation.
- Setting high expectations on students academics, behaviour, attitude and work ethic.